Dog owners and handlers are subject to the Ontario Dog Owner’s Liability Act and the City of Greater Sudbury’s Animal Control, Off Leash Dog Park, Parks, and Stoop and Scoop bylaws. Failure to abide by the park rules and regulations may result in loss of privileges or facility users may be fined.
Here is a summary of the by-laws relating to the use of City of Greater Sudbury dog parks.
- Use of the Dog Park is a privilege and not a right.
- Any dog licensed by the City of Greater Sudbury may use the park. Dogs must wear their license tags.
- Limit of 3 dogs per handler.
- Restricted dogs are not allowed in the park.
- Dogs must be leashed outside the enclosures and within the double-gated access openings.
- You must possess a leach for each dog at all times.
- No playing or practicing any sporting activity except walking.
- No possession of any bottles, containers or any other articles, equipment, or utensils made of glass, china, ceramic or any other breakable substances.
- No other animals other than dogs allowed.
- No access outside of authorized hours of use, or while the park is closed.
- Comply with all authorized signs that are posted.
- Users must identify themselves to a Municipal Bylaw Enforcement Officer when requested to do so.
- Dogs demonstrating aggressive behaviour must immediately be removed.
- Always scoop your dog’s poop. Bags and garbage cans are provided for your convenience.
- No smoking on park property.
- Unhealthy, injured or dogs in heat are not allowed.
- No digging allowed. If your dog digs a hole, fill the hole immediately.
- Dogs under 4 months of age are not allowed.
- No human food may be brought into the park or consumed by a human or dog.
- Exercise caution when giving a dog a toy or treat to be played with or consumed in the park.
- Persons under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a person over the age of 18.
Source: City of Greater Sudbury By-Laws
- Off Leash Dog Park By-Law 2012-145 and No Smoking Amendment 2013-78
- Animal Control By-Law 2002-285 and Amendments 2006-112 and 2008-294
- Stoop and Scoop 2002-285 and Amendments 2006-112 and 2008-294
- Parks 2013-54